Semi-Truck Accident Attorney Serving Bradenton, FL
If you’ve been injured in a semi-truck accident, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact a Bradenton truck accident lawyer at James Horne Law by calling 941-210-6000 today.
While some commercial truck accidents are minor, the vast majority cause extensive damage. The largest fully loaded commercial vehicle in Florida can weigh nearly 74,000 pounds. Compare that to your average car, which typically weighs around 4,100 pounds, and you’ve got a recipe for disaster—one that often leads to catastrophic passenger injuries and death.
In 2020, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reported that 107,000 large trucks in the U.S. were involved in injury crashes. During the same period in Florida, 32,778 truck accidents occurred on the Sunshine State’s roads. And regrettably, things are only getting worse. Truck accidents resulting in death in Florida between 2010 and 2019 have increased by 93%.
Truck accidents that cause devastating injury or death can be costly. Many truck accident victims find themselves drowning in overwhelming debt. But truck accident victims can pursue compensation. In fact, under Florida law, truck accident victims injured in Bradenton may be able to pursue legal claims against multiple parties for their medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
If you were injured in a Florida truck accident and are wondering how to pay for your truck accident losses, the Bradenton truck accident attorneys at James Horne Law can help you get your life back on track. AV-Preeminent rated Bradenton truck accident lawyer James Horne will work tirelessly for you, employing the passion, dedication, and skills necessary to hold all responsible parties accountable.
James understands the complicated laws involved in trucking accidents and will fight to earn the settlement you need to pay for your medical bills, lost wages, and other damages. As an award-winning Bradenton truck accident lawyer, James Horne never shies away from complex cases; he will take on any truck accident, from privately-owned 18-wheelers to company-owned semi-trucks. Whatever type of truck catastrophe you’ve been in, we will battle tooth and nail to earn you every penny of compensation you’re entitled.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
According to the Florida Department of Transportation, driver errors cause 92.3% of all truck accidents in Manatee County. The most common driver mistakes include:
- Reckless driving,
- Driving under the influence,
- Distracted driving, and
- Driving while fatigued.
Other common causes of commercial vehicle accidents include:
- Negligent inspection and maintenance—Federal and state laws require trucking companies to routinely inspect, repair, maintain, and document all maintenance for the commercial motor vehicles in their fleet. Failure to do so can lead to serious accidents.
- Negligent training and supervision—Accidents happen when truck companies hire drivers but fail to conduct mandatory screenings such as drug testing and checking the driver’s record, work history, and medical certification. A truck company also must ensure their drivers drive safely and responsibly and follow Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMSCA) regulations.
- Overloading or improperly secured cargo—Truck companies have been known to overload tractor-trailers in violation of FMCSA regulations and Florida Department of Transportation size and weight limits. Improperly secured cargo may also cause crashes.
- Poor road maintenance and road hazards—A deteriorating road or an encounter with poorly marked construction can cause a truck driver to run off the road or overcorrect and flip over.
- Defective equipment—Accidents can occur when manufacturers defectively design the truck or its parts or the truck and its parts are improperly maintained or inspected.
These are just some of the things that can cause a truck crash. If you have been injured in a truck accident, a Bradenton semi-truck accident lawyer at James Horne Law can investigate your case, determine its root, and help you pursue the best possible settlement.
Who is Responsible for My Truck Accident?
Commercial truck accidents are different from crashes involving passenger cars. Unlike in auto accidents, where another driver is often the liable party, numerous actors may be liable for a truck crash. For instance, trucking companies commonly employ the truck driver involved in the crash. And larger trucking companies sometimes skimp on safety measures to save costs, hire unqualified drivers, and push drivers to stay on the road longer than the FMCA allows. In some cases, cargo loaders fail to inspect and secure cargo correctly, leading to an accident. In others, a driver may unsuspectingly operate a truck with a defective part that gives out in transit. But depending on the circumstances, any of the following parties may be liable:
- The truck driver,
- The truck’s owner,
- Trucking companies,
- Cargo loaders,
- Truck manufacturers,
- Truck parts manufacturers,
- Other passenger vehicle drivers, and
- A state or municipal government.
In some cases, multiple parties may even be responsible. Because establishing liability can be complicated, working with a skilled truck accident attorney is essential to a successful outcome. At James Horne Law, we will thoroughly investigate and help you determine which party or parties caused your accident. That way, you can hold the wrong-doers accountable and collect every bit of compensation you deserve.
Contact a Bradenton Truck Accident Lawyer
If you need a truck accident law firm in Bradenton, FL, the advocates at James Horne Law will explain your rights and stand by your side from case review to settlement. Our team believes every case merits our undivided attention. And we’re committed to offering top-notch, compassionate legal representation in your time of need. From securing compensation for medical bills and lost wages to negotiating with insurance companies and their lawyers, we can help soften the blow following a truck accident. Our team lives and breathes law.
We never shy away from complicated cases but never lose sight of the fact that our clients come first. When you work with us, you can rest soundly knowing we’ll take the time to understand every aspect of your case and that you are our chief concern. Why not let us do the heavy lifting so you can focus on recovery? Contact us today at 941-210-6000 for a consultation. We don’t take a fee unless you win.